The Company is already in the Exports Market exporting its products like quality paper of different varieties, deoiled cake and is enjoying the status of a prominent Export House, which has now been certified by DGFT.
Increasing our exports to overseas markets has been very much on MIL radar. This is in fact, in tune with our objective of occupying the centrestage in the corporate world.
During the fiscal year 2009-10, the Company achieved Exports of Rs.46.22 crores out of total turnover of Rs.572 crores, which implies that exports constituted 8% of total MIL turnover. We have been striving untiringly to further push up our exports. Our endeavours in this regard received a boost with the commissioning of SBS plant in 2009.
We have adopted the following strategy for enhancing our share in global market:
- Constantly enriching the quality of paper products so as to increase their acceptability in the market.
- Establishing direct contact with leading buyers by doing away with middlemen to establish long term commercial relationship with them and raise profit margin.
- Establishing our own Logistics Centre and streamlining clearing & forwarding activity to serve the overseas buyers better.
- Establishing MIL Brand in the overseas markets by conducting promotional activities on a regular basis.
- Taking part in international Trade Fairs and Exhibitions which afford an opportunity to us to showcase our products.
- Setting up a special Department called 'International Trade Division' at the corporate office for the exclusive purpose of taking care of our overseas trade and implement various measures initiated with the sole objective of taking our exports trade to newer heights
With the World Trade Organisation advocating the theory of free global trade by dismantling trade barriers which stifle international trade and the global community backing the idea, we stand to gain in a big way as we have already chalked out a detailed plan of action to impart fresh momentum to our exports trade.